Monday, October 06, 2008

Blog Man

As if to back up my earlier statement about the precious few websites that I actually read on a regular basis, here's a link to the Onion AV Club's review of Mega Man 9. Makes me wish I had a Nintendo Wii - though luckily, since I'll be in Pittsburgh for both major late-year get-together-worthy holidays (no, not Columbus Day (apparently this year's celebrate-the man-who-founded-America's-slave-trade is now officially an alone day)), and the folks have a Wii, and apparently the game only costs $10, I should be able to post a review of it myself one of these days. Though I'm mainly interested by the fact that the reviewer labels Mega Man 2 as the series' peak. I can find myself agreeing, but have the sense that my older brothers may not - there is something perhaps better about Mega Man 3 (positioned after sliding (a cool move) and before the Mega Buster, it may be just right, and does boast some of the epic-est of the always-epic Mega Man music).

1 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

If Nintendo starts releasing new Wii games in the style of 1988-vintage NES cartridges, I'm really going to have to get one of these things. Now what they need is some kind of Super Mario Brothers 3 2.

I don't want to speak for Nate on Mega Man, since he usually has a lot to say about it, but I think our consensus top-3 ranking was Mega Man 3 at the top, then 5, then 2.

10/06/2008 5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home