Thursday, October 02, 2008

Chry-D-Bowl

Here's a brief article about a recently discovered bowl engraved with what may be the earliest known reference to "Christ", in connection with soothsaying no less. Neat; I always think it's interesting to hear evidence (or potential evidence) of the blurred boundaries and shared practices among religious traditions. Not that I can cite any examples off the top of my head, but my college roommate was totally a Religious Studies minor and used to tell me about this kind of stuff in between games of Tony Hawk. The big takeaway being that religion is absolutely not exempt from the mutant ideas and cultural cross-pollination we see everywhere else.

I guess my only advice to renowned French marine archaeologist Franck Goddio would be FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT DRINK OUT OF IT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home