Sunday, December 14, 2008

Steelers 13, Ravens 9

Last week I figured, sure, Ben comes up big with the fourth-quarter drive, but they're still winning out of luck (certainly with that Townsend interception). But two weeks in a row? And against Baltimore's D, in Baltimore? Drive of the year. Incredible.

There seems to be some controversy about whether or not Holmes's TD catch should have, in fact, been called a TD, and it sure sounded like the ref was talking about something besides the ball breaking the plane of the end zone. My feeling about this sort of thing remains: You want to keep from being burned by the borderline call, don't give up a 90-plus-yard drive with 3:40 left in the fourth quarter.

Just completely thrilled about this one; I figured on the offense coming up way too short, and 9–6 sure looked like the low-scoring loss everyone was anticipating.

Is there anything better than watching Hines Ward come up with big plays against Baltimore?

Watched this one up in Hamden with Stu and Andrea, so we had a nice little festive time of it. And wings!

4 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

I've been at Kyle's place without a TV and with a little bit of weekend work to do, so my experience of this game consisted of

1.) I didn't follow its progress at all;

2.) Jack texted me after it was over to say that the Ravens won 41 to 6;

2a.) You asshole, for the four or five minutes before I got on the Internet to review the painful details I believed you.

12/14/2008 8:41 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

Mwah ha ha ha ha ha

12/14/2008 9:37 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Brings a smile to my face (Jack called me to make sure I didn't tell Nate anything, since he was going to prank him, glad to hear it worked).

12/15/2008 2:59 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Haha!

12/15/2008 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home