Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bird Bowlin'

The Steelers' postseason begins in just a few minutes here so I am all enthused. Just like Dan Kreider, the former blocking fullback whose replica jersey I am wearing, I will be watching the game at home.

In keeping with the theme of an earlier, sprawlier post about the NFL, I'd like to note that with this weekend's victories by the Ravens, Cardinals, and Eagles that the fan base is assured of a Super Bowl with at least one bird-themed team in it. Will the winner of the imminent Steelers/Chargers game go on to represent, respectively, blue-collar laborers or, um, horses-slash-pure-energy in the championship? Only these two teams can prevent the Super Bowl from, as I feel almost morally obligated to put it, "going to the birds"! Also I would like it very much if Ben Roethlisberger throws fewer than three interceptions today! Go football!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home