Monday, October 25, 2010

Bookwatch

This thing happens when you're 30, apparently, where you look up and all the paperback books you bought in your twenties are turning yellow. I guess I knew this was going to happen, even to the not-all-that-pulpy paperbacks, but it's still a drag. And it makes me feel so kind-of-old-but-not-really.

Next thing the typeface'll start looking out of date, and before you know it they're sitting in the 25-cent bin at some public library book sale circa 2030 in Hamden or equivalent. I'd feel a little better if I could switch strategies and start buying my reading material exclusively in nicely produced hardcover. Unfortunately, I seem not to have developed my income proportionately to my taste in paper permanence. Could be some poorly plotted macro-level life planning on a decadal scale! Uh, do-over?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home