Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Two Weeks Ago in Creativity

Many of you, if not recently, then over the years, have received postcards in the mail from me (if you haven't, and would like one, get me your address (through whichever one of us you know), and I'll send you one). I did a fair amount of postcarding from Berlin, but also, for the first time, painted (in acrylic), for I think the first time ever, on actual canvas. I left two of them hanging on the wall in the kitchen of the flat where I lived. A friend of mine just sent me a picture of them, so I thought I would share:



I don't claim to be a painter, but I think some of the colors are nice (and I've heard from some others that the colors are nice, giving me the courage to share these here).

4 Comments:

Blogger Jack said...

The colors are nice! Keep sending me postcards, too, I like getting them.

11/10/2010 8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colors, and I think the paintings are also well-composed. You could claim to be a painter without offending anyone.

Mom

11/11/2010 2:35 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

I think the only thing I ever learned about composition was from you, Ma, when you told some story about taking a painting class and the teacher using a piece of yours as an example about how its good to not have elements exit through corners of the canvas.

And I'm constantly doing that! But every time I first think, "maybe this shouldn't go right into the corner."

11/12/2010 9:35 AM  
Blogger nate said...

I also like them, as I do the postcards.

Do the canvasses also have cryptic, typewritten German comments / obscure movie references glued to their backs, only proportionately bigger?

11/12/2010 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home