Tuesday, August 26, 2008

E-84

One correction to my Portland post: I-84 in Portland is not the same highway as I-84 in Connecticut. They are two unrelated highways. Let me head off any potential liability:
DISCLAIMER. If you follow your dreams west out of Connecticut by taking I-84 as far as it will go, you will end up in Scranton, PA
I should also clear up an oversight in my Microsoft Decathlon post, specifically to note that the color scheme in my screenshot is out of whack. The game might look more impressive if the intended colors are present (black = blue; blue = green; white = yellow; purple = red), but I can't figure out how to fix it on my laptop. Maybe I need to upgrade my video card.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But your I-84 can get you, via I-81, to I-80 which will take you 2,000 miles to Salt Lake City and our I-84. No one should get stuck in Scranton when they want to go to Portland. That would be sad.

8/26/2008 9:50 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

I don't see how these two I-84s can be viewed as separate highways (that is, the East v. West convention is false). I don't believe it for a second. I would argue, in fact, that I-84 is implicit within I-80 across the stretch of the country where there is no I-84 as such.

8/26/2008 10:47 PM  
Blogger nate said...

I believe that all these physical I-84s are mere approximations to a perfect, unbroken, Platonic I-84 that is more real than any of them. Of course, the last time I tried to follow the path of that road a bunch of farmers in northeastern Pennsylvania got real mad.

8/26/2008 11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home