Thursday, January 07, 2010

Living in . . . The Future

All right, 3-D television! I don't expect to watch 3-D television any more than I watch 2-D television, but I'm still happy. Nothing says "Welcome to The Future" like "There's 3-D television now." I only hope they allow the programming to be determined by an underground computer the size of three football fields.

What is the next exciting development The Future is likely to bring us? Some are saying it will be the election of popular state attorney general Richard Blumenthal to the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Connecticut's Christopher Dodd, but I've got a gut feeling it might just be hoverboards. Come on, hoverboards!

4 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

A little bit was made in 2001 about how artificial intelligence research was substantially behind the HAL 9000 technology depicted in "2001: A Space Odyssey" -- and with 2015 coming up it looks like we're well behind the hoverboard market penetration predicted by "Back to the Future: Part 2". And yet that movie underestimated the amount of time it would take a Miami-based Major League Baseball franchise to win a World Series by 18 years...

1/08/2010 10:21 AM  
Blogger Pete said...

A part of me, when I clicked on the comment link, was really hoping for an ad-bot comment from a hoverboard company. Way too much hope for the future.

1/08/2010 1:16 PM  
Blogger HvrBrdMan200X said...

Hey wat's up this weekend people, I'm just kickin it here in the Future old-style, eating on some Tostito-Lay Nacho Chunky Food Crisps and riding around my New Hoverboard!!!

I designed it myself, you wanna get on your hands on 1 of these, I sell them and ship priority to anywhere in the Future, lotta places in the past too at least a couple years back. Check it out your favorite Internet vender site, 5 star reviews everyone!!

1/08/2010 9:04 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

Hooray!

1/11/2010 12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home