Thursday, June 01, 2006

Odds "n" Ends

You know what's surprisingly awesome? Shooting down I-95 with the windows down, blasting Carmina Burana out of your car stereo. Best ten minutes of evening commute I've ever had. . . . Trusted sources at work tell me that the Da Vinci Code movie is not nearly as bad as the reviews say. I still don't plan to see it. I would recommend reading this 2004 Dave Barry parody of the book, however. . . . My college friend Al is spending the summer biking across the entire United States. I talked to him last Friday, when he was waiting out a snowstorm at Yellowstone National Park. This is pretty cool. If you're reading this, Al, good luck dodging all those RVs. . . . It's not like I'm any expert on Eritrean food, but the shrimp barka at Caffe Adulis in New Haven is too outstanding to put into words. . . . Some time a couple of years ago, I came up with the word "treesy" to describe pleasantly arboreal places. At the time I was only being cute about it, but now the linguistic center of my brain suggests the word to me in real conversation with some regularity. Perhaps I'll call the dictionary people. . . . There is nothing more irritating than having to share a gymnasium locker room with a bunch of yabbering, pre-pubescent swimming class attendees giggling at each other's badly told sex jokes. NONE OF YOU ARE COOL. . . . Not only are the Pirates playing well this week, but Freddy Sanchez is suddenly leading the league in batting average. Can we all agree that he's not going to be benched for Joe Randa now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home