Thursday, January 11, 2007

Odds-N-Ends 2K7

Are you ready to be indifferent to some football? I know I am. I watched the Giants lose last weekend with my Giants-fan workfriend & now I'm out of ideas about who to root for even passively . . . A baby shower in the office this week was actually the first baby shower I've ever been to. Turns out it involves a lot of cooing at footie pajamas . . . April is not the cruellest month. When January feels like April for a week, and then goes back to being January: now, that's cruel . . . Having eaten at a Hibachi restaurant for the second time in six months, I'm ready to admit that the most authentic Hibachi dining is probably not to be found in Connecticut or Rhode Island strip-mall plazas . . . Turns out there's a nice Malaysian restaurant in town, though . . . I would describe the recent movie adaptation of W. Somerset Maugham's The Painted Veil in more detail if I thought it was worth going out of your way to see. I did like it, though, and I kind of want to read the novel. Partly since the movie does not explain what its title is supposed to mean . . . Maybe I'm just old-fashioned already, but it surprises me when parents will be seen in public with a 12-year-old son wearing a shirt that says "Boobies Make Me Smile." How about a shirt that just says "My Parents Are Indifferent and Not Upwardly Mobile"? I don't care if you're just in an airport security line, keep it at least kind of classy, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Pete said...

I like Maugham's Moon and Sixpence. A nice writer, that guy.

1/11/2007 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home