Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Xingu

Hadn't posted in a while, and found myself thinking about one of my favorite beers: Xingu. Their bare-bones website actually makes me like it that much more. I like that it was sourced and is imported by women, for instance, since women seem to have such a minimal role in the brewing world anymore. In fact, especially relative to historic times, the role of women has been entirely reversed, apparently. Most brewing-type-people until modern times were in fact women, as brewing was more of a at home or in the village type of activity.

Also, I feel like mentioning, I had another potential post stymied earlier this week because, so far as I can tell, there isn't a single picture of a Burple anywhere on the entire internet.

5 Comments:

Blogger nate said...

Looks good; I'll have to try to find some. That probably means I need to find a beer distributor with a wider selection than Whole Foods; your average yuppie grocery store does pretty well for variety but it only goes so far.

You should work for a brewery. Or anyway find some job in the beer sector that doesn't involve giving away Miller Lite swag to drunk college bar patrons.

1/23/2007 9:57 PM  
Blogger Jack said...

I agree with Nate.

What could you possibly need to say about the Burple, though? Were you just trying to find the least-well-remembered piece of early 90s childhood paraphernalia? If that's the case, I have some thermal color-changing t-shirts and VHS tapes of Nickelodeon's "Wild and Crazy Kids" to sell you.

1/23/2007 11:20 PM  
Blogger nate said...

I think the last time I saw someone wearing a thermal color-changing t-shirt was in college. Based on that sighting, I'd say the unique quality such a shirt brings to your wardrobe is epic, yet temporary, pit stains.

1/23/2007 11:57 PM  
Blogger Pete said...

I don't know exactly, what it was about the Burple - it just made a cameo appearance in my stream of consciousness at some point, and I just find it shocking, that with all the nostalgia all over the internet, no one anywhere kept a Burple, or even just a photo of one.

1/24/2007 1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Photo of said Burple:
http://www.inthe80s.com/toys/burple0.shtml

joe

11/14/2007 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home